Monday, January 26, 2009

Shaniko, OR and A FUNNY :-}

(Click on image to enlarge)

Shaniko Bank



(Click on image to enlarge)

Shaniko Blacksmith








And as promised - A FUNNY :-} ....



A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack. "Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday." Pattie looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager. Pattie explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.The frog says "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall - bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Pattie explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog named Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. And he wants to use this as collateral. She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"



The bank manager looks back at her and says... "It's a knick-knack, Pattie Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone." :-}


More amazing "freezing fog" pictures tomorrow
Seeya,
OregonArtGuy

6 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

More great shots, you've really got a good eye for the unusal. Can you imagine that being a running bank these days? Hook up some ropes from the building and to a truck and floor it and you would be taking the bank front with you. lol
Heard that joke before but it was funny to hear again. :))
Still waiting for mail. Got a confirmation from Post office found in my spam. So it IS coming. hope they dont route it to china and back like they do most of our stuff. lol

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Cris:
Thanks for your nice comment. It is a really neat old town - kind of a tourist atraction in summer. If you want to go see it some time I can "guide" you so you won't get lost :-} Let me know when your pic gets ther if there is any damage, and if you like it.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Sent you an email but will tell you here that I got the print and OMG IT IS GORGEOUS. I LOVE IT..The photos don't do these prints justice. Thank you sooooo much.
It came just fine. No Damage at all.
Thanks will keep you in mind as a guide.. if we ever go out that way. :)

OregonArtGuy said...

Thanks Cris - glad you like it. I do miss my printing business, but I still get to do it once in awhile. If you see anything in my slide shows or my photos that I post that you'd like - let me know - It'd be my pleasure:-}

Lynn Cohen said...

I like how you tweak your photos. Is this a Photoshop endeavor? All your photos are terrific!

Hard to believe all that ice/snow in Oregon.

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Lynn: Yes, I nearly always Photoshop my pics - I can make them more interesting that way, and it helps make up for me not having as good of camera equipment as I would like. Glad you like them :-}
Oh, BTW - none of it is snow in the last several posts - just freezing fog! Amazing, huh?!