Myrtlewood Tree - Found only in the Coquille Valley of Oregon, and Palestine
As I promised, here's a little more humor for us folks in the North West. I know , I still haven't gotten my updates for van Gogh and Renoir done, I got a little sidetracked. I promise I'll have some actual artwork posted tomorrow - Really! :-}
The Pacific Northwest According to Jeff Foxworthy, and additional comments by OregonArtGuy
You live in the Northwest if:
1. You know the state flower (Mildew).
2. You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3. Use the statement ’sun break’, and know what it means.
4. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee. ( only in Seattle, in my neck of the woods coffee is coffee, and if you don't have to chew it, you didn't make it right - OregonArtGuy)
5. You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6. You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant or to church.
7. You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the ‘WALK’ signal.
8. You consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it’s not a real mountain.
9. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle’s Best, and Veneto ’s.
10. You know the difference between Chinook, Coho, and Sockeye salmon.
11. You know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Heceta, Yaquina, Yachats, Issaquah, Oregon, Spokane, Yakima, and Willamette .(He left out a bunch, Snoqualmie, Snohomish, Coquille come to mind - OregonArtGuy)
12. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, and Thai food.
14. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark while only working eight-hour days.
15. You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16. You are not fazed by ‘Today’s forecast: Showers followed by rain,’ and ‘Tomorrow’s forecast: Rain followed by showers.’
17. You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
18. You know that Boring is a town in Oregon and not just a state of mind. (He must not know about Remote, OR, or I’m sure he’d have used it too.- OregonArtGuy)
19. You can point to at least two volcanoes, even if you cannot see them through the cloud cover.
20. You use the phrase ‘The mountain is out’ when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
21. You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 50, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
22. You switch to your sandals when it gets about 60, but keep the socks on.
23. You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
24. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
25. You buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time.
26. You measure distance in hours.
27. You often switch from ‘heat’ to ‘a/c’ in the same day.
28. You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining, Road Construction, and Deer & Elk season.
29. You understood these jokes and will tell your friends.
30. You know the State Bird (Banana Slug) - OregonArtGuy
'Til then , you can rest assured that "I'm still workin' on it"