Monday, December 15, 2008

And Last But Not Least - my favorite AM DJ - 1963

Dick Biondi

“The Wild I-tralian"

In the early 1960s, Biondi was the nation’s #1 disc jockey, averaging a 60 share of the national audience. You listened to Biondi or else.In early 1963, Biondi was the first DJ in America to play the Beatles. That same year, Biondi left Chicago for KRLA/Los Angeles. The following year, he joined the Mutual Broadcasting System for a syndicated program heard on over 125 stations. During this time, he launched the Dick Biondi Road Show, bringing young acts to local schools throughout Southern California.

Yeah, "Dick Biondi - The Wild I-tralian" on KRLA 1110 - that's who I listened to! How about you?
OregonArtGuy
(I think I listened to too much radio too - then I got a guitar - but that's another story)

No comments: